Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I hope to keep you all informed about my progress through this little adventure called cancer. I'm writing as much for myself as for anyone else, to document this journey and all the (hopeful) learning that takes place. Be warned that you are likely to encounter posts that may contain entirely tmi about bodily functions, that may be narcissistic and self indulgent, that might be poorly written or that may not interest you in the least, especially if you're just wondering "How's Steph feeling?" Comments and questions are welcome. Thanks for coming by!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Update: Making Strides Walk Against Breast Cancer this Saturday 10/22

Wow, this thing has gotten bigger than I ever expected! The Hillsborough community has really come out in force for this event, I'm totally overwhelmed by the support. It looks like team "Newblanc's Vikings" will have 40-50 people in it, most of them students. (who, to be honest, are receiving community service credit for coming so it isn't totally selfless) The school has paid for matching team t-shirts for everyone. I'm pretty sure we'll be the biggest, pinkest team out there. We've also raised over $10,000, which is pretty mind blowing as well. In fact, the organizers are so impressed with our numbers, of both people and $$, that they have asked me to speak at the event. (gulp!) I'm waiting to hear from their PR people for some direction on what they'd like me to say. We'll see, should be interesting.

You can still get involved if you'd like.
Here is our team page:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?team_id=1012762&fr_id=35954&pg=team

And here is a page with general logistical info:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY12California?sid=144435&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=35954

For those of you planning to come, I look forward to seeing you and walking with you on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Steph, that's fantastic! I hope someone will video your speech so us out-of-towners can here it. Good luck and I hope you have fabulous weather. Much love, mj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic news! What a great day it will be for you and everyone who cares for you. :-) Know that I'll be walking beside you in spirit!! Would love to see a video of you in action if that comes about.

    Glad to hear round 2 is almost behind you. We may need to have a party together in Feb when I'm all done too!! :-) Love ya! A

    ReplyDelete