Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I hope to keep you all informed about my progress through this little adventure called cancer. I'm writing as much for myself as for anyone else, to document this journey and all the (hopeful) learning that takes place. Be warned that you are likely to encounter posts that may contain entirely tmi about bodily functions, that may be narcissistic and self indulgent, that might be poorly written or that may not interest you in the least, especially if you're just wondering "How's Steph feeling?" Comments and questions are welcome. Thanks for coming by!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chemo: End of Round 1/ Start of Round 2


I have to say that my first round of chemo went quite well. Some digestive issues at the beginning, as I mentioned before, but once that settled out I felt quite good for the second two weeks. In fact, last weekend I hosted a dinner party for 10! Cleaned the house, shopped, made dinner, the whole deal. No problem.
This bodes well for the remainder of my treatments because I've been told that the only cumulative side effect is the fatigue that usually comes about a week after treatment, everything else should stay pretty consistent. Well, I can't say I really noticed any fatigue this first time through so I'm starting at a pretty good place.

I had my Round 2 infusion yesterday, this time my awesome mother in law, Sherri, brought lunch and hung out with me. Today I'm feeling pretty good, got some shopping done, went to a meditation class, answered a bunch of emails, saw the chiropractor, visited my mom and went to dance practice.
And now getting a blog post done! Steroids are great!
This weekend I am going away to a yoga retreat in Healdsburg. It is being run by a dear friend at another dear friend's amazing home/retreat and will be attended by even more dear friends. This weekend is probably when I will be feeling my worst but I'd just as soon be feeling crappy in one of my favorite places with my favorite people. Gadg and Jet will be there too.

Hair update: head stubble is still patchy and weird looking, mustache and whiskers are disappearing (hooray!), eyebrows and lashes are hanging in there, leg hair isn't budging .....aaaaand looking more prepubescent by the day!

1 comment:

  1. You are one extraordinary lady... What an honor to witness your transformation. Stay powerful, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete