Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I hope to keep you all informed about my progress through this little adventure called cancer. I'm writing as much for myself as for anyone else, to document this journey and all the (hopeful) learning that takes place. Be warned that you are likely to encounter posts that may contain entirely tmi about bodily functions, that may be narcissistic and self indulgent, that might be poorly written or that may not interest you in the least, especially if you're just wondering "How's Steph feeling?" Comments and questions are welcome. Thanks for coming by!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chemo Round 2: Feeling Good!

Two weeks after my second treatment and I'm feeling good. This round seems to be following the same pattern as last time. First two days after treatment are energetic from the steroids, followed by several days of achiness, GWBM's, nausea and low energy. This time I was at a yoga retreat during those tough days so I had plenty of distraction and it helped to be around good friends. The achiness and nausea were a little more pronounced this time around and I definitely noticed the emotional come down after the steroids wore off. But knowing it's a chemical side effect helps with the blah's.
By one week past treatment I'm feeling good again. I've been going to more yoga classes and feeling strong. I'm thinking about exploring Tai Chi.
Some new symptoms this round include headaches and losing much of my ability to taste. That last one is particularly sad making. :( The front half of my tongue, which detects sweet and salty, is the most effected. The sides and back, sour and bitter, seem to still be working. Hasn't slowed down my eating any but has definitely decreased my enjoyment of it.

I've mapped out the rest of my treatments and it looks like I'll be in my 'feeling good' phase for both Thanksgiving and Christmas! My last chemo treatment, barring any unforeseen delays, should be December 28th. New Year's Eve will probably not be so fun but it will be nice to start the new year with chemo treatments behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment