Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I hope to keep you all informed about my progress through this little adventure called cancer. I'm writing as much for myself as for anyone else, to document this journey and all the (hopeful) learning that takes place. Be warned that you are likely to encounter posts that may contain entirely tmi about bodily functions, that may be narcissistic and self indulgent, that might be poorly written or that may not interest you in the least, especially if you're just wondering "How's Steph feeling?" Comments and questions are welcome. Thanks for coming by!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hair Watch 2011




So my hair is supposed to fall out soon but it hasn't shown any signs of it so far. I admit I'm feeling a little impatient. Not that I'm excited about it or anything, I'm just so ready. It's the one major chemo side effect that I'm totally prepared for. I shaved my head in college a couple times (and since) so at least I know I have a nice smooth round head. I'm ready to wear cute furry hats and pretty scarves and jeweled turbans with feathers and my son's dragon paintings. I'm ready to show off just how okay I am with it already. But then, you know, when it actually happens, maybe it will be a bit upsetting after all. Maybe I should be glad that my hair is hanging in there. In the mean time, I have been gradually shortening it. Can't really get much shorter now and don't want to pay for any more temporary haircuts. But I do really like it super short. That may just be the way it stays forever after it comes back.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the looks! Bald will be beautiful on you too! I'm shopping for one of those cute little hats for you. Sending it soon! Much love and hang in there!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took a few weeks for my mom to lose her hair. We cut it short going in so it would be less shocking when it happened (and even then she still had dandelion fluff). You're lucky to look so GAW-juss in any hair length!

    ReplyDelete