Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I hope to keep you all informed about my progress through this little adventure called cancer. I'm writing as much for myself as for anyone else, to document this journey and all the (hopeful) learning that takes place. Be warned that you are likely to encounter posts that may contain entirely tmi about bodily functions, that may be narcissistic and self indulgent, that might be poorly written or that may not interest you in the least, especially if you're just wondering "How's Steph feeling?" Comments and questions are welcome. Thanks for coming by!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Bionic Vein

I had a little surgical procedure today to have a port put in my chest. It's basically a little device under the skin that allows access to my bloodstream, both for withdrawing and infusing. Since I'll be having weekly infusions, it is much more efficient and less painful to stick a needle through a thin layer of skin and into the

port than to have to find a vein in my arm every time. I'm all for that except that it makes this really creepy large bump under my skin.
(photo doesn't do it justice)
So.Not.Sexy.
Jet is really into the idea of people having robot parts (Luke Skywalker, Steve Austin), so when I was explaining it to him, I told him that they gave me a bionic vein.

2 comments:

  1. plenty of other sexy things about you, m'dear- don't let the port get you too down about that.

    xo,
    t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how jet is helping you frame the not-so-sexy lump. i'm with tania...so many sexy things about you...and a bionic vein...that is kind of hot! xoxo, liz

    ReplyDelete