Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where I hope to keep you all informed about my progress through this little adventure called cancer. I'm writing as much for myself as for anyone else, to document this journey and all the (hopeful) learning that takes place. Be warned that you are likely to encounter posts that may contain entirely tmi about bodily functions, that may be narcissistic and self indulgent, that might be poorly written or that may not interest you in the least, especially if you're just wondering "How's Steph feeling?" Comments and questions are welcome. Thanks for coming by!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Project: Success!

Most days I really can't account for how I've spent my time. But I'm trying really hard not to get caught up into a head space where I feel bad if I haven't been productive in some way. Today, for instance, I haven't left the computer yet, even though it is one of the last beautiful days of the year outside. But look, 2 blog posts in one day! Productive!

Anyway, one little project that I did manage to pull off this week was our Halloween costumes.
Ever since watching Game of Thrones months ago, I kept thinking that Gadget looked like Khal Drogo and how I'd love to dress him up like the savage horse lord. So Gadget agreed to be my dress up doll for Halloween and started growing out his beard. For months! Even though it was uncomfortable and hot and itchy. (Such a sweeatheart)
My Khaleesi outfit was easy, especially since she doesn't wear any makeup.
To make Gadget's outfit I got a couple of cheap leather coats from the thrift store to cut up and lace into a corset, make arm gauntlets, boot tops and front/back panels. Add a couple of my mom's old minks, a wig, beard extension, make up, paint and viola! My Sun and Stars!
We went to an awesome Day of the Dead/Wedding celebration on Saturday night for two very dear friends. Not everyone knew who we were, but those who did were really excited by our costumes!
Special thanks to Karen for the advice, the help and the tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment